Subject: Re: Roto in Lightwave
From: [email-masked] (Neil Richmond)
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 94 11:03:51 -0700

I received a note stating that rotoing using lightwaves image sequence is not 
very accurate, that the images do not match the final frames, maybe some kind 
of scaling of the image when it is loaded in. If this is so, then this is not
good. Especially, if you might be working in different formats. Can anyone 
comment further on this? Also, having color for roto is not as critical as 
having at least a 4-8 bit black and white. The disadvantage to color is that it
takes up a lot of memory and slows down any kind of preview. The need for higher
quality b&w, is that it makes for better roto, especially if the output is
going to be film. 
We have the ability here to define a viewport to match the apect ratio of the
image to be rotoed.

Later.

neil

" Give a skeptic an inch and he'll measure it. "
Neil F. Richmond         [email-masked]
Rhythm & Hues Inc.